Thursday, March 12, 2009

Serial Rapes in Kansas

Dreaming of the white sandy beaches of Mexico...no wait too dangerous this time with the increased drug wars and crime against students and tourists. Alright, well what about Chicago? As mentioned in a previous blog I just came back and I had a lot of fun but remember to never ride the L after 10...learned my lesson the creepy, hard way. Alright well what about Vegas?...there goes all my money I guarentee already. Ok well that leaves the safety of my own home here, well maybe not.
K-State authorities as well as KU authorities are urging their students to take precautions if staying on campus during Spring Break. Thirteen rapes during breaks have been reported at the two universities and are believed to be committed by the same rapist. The rapes ocurred at off campus housing each time and all happened during breaks. Kansas isn't far away so it seems weird that something like that happens so close to home. When I was a freshman a man raped a number of women on this campus (not sure the total because weird that we were never given the details) but anyway during Spring Break? If you stay close to campus you generally have a good reason whether it be work or whatever, not to be a victim of rape in an area you find so comforting. Looks like I will be keeping an extrea eye open in case he crosses state lines. Why cant Spring Break be fun and carefree anymore?

No comments:

Post a Comment